Butler County says 'Thank You' to School Board | People
Butler County School System is joining all the public school systems across the state to celebrate School Board Member Recognition Month and honor local board members for their commitment to Butler County and its children.
It takes strong schools to build a strong community, and these individuals devote countless hours to making sure our schools are helping every child learn at a higher level. They make tough decisions every month and spend many hours studying education issues and regulations in order to provide the kind of accountability our citizens expect.
The key work of school boards is to raise student achievement by:
- Creating a vision for what the community wants the school system to be and for making student achievement the top priority;
- Establishing standards for what students will be expected to learn and be able to do;
- Ensuring progress is measured to be sure the systems goals are achieved and students are learning at expected levels;
- Being accountable for their decisions and actions by continually tracking and reporting results;
- Aligning the system’s resources – human and financial – around its improvement goals;
- Creating a safe, orderly climate where students can learn and teachers can teach;
- Forming partnerships with others in the community to solve common problems; and
- Focusing attention on the need for continuous improvement by questioning, refining and revising issues related to student achievement.
Our deepest appreciation is extended to the dedicated men and women who make it possible for local citizens to participate in education in our community. We salute the public servants of the Butler County School System whose commitment and civic responsibility make local control of public schools in our community possible.
Mr. Billy Jones, District 1
Mr. Terry Williams, District 2
Mr. Joseph Lisenby, District 3
Ms. Linda Hamilton, District 4
Mr. Mickey Jones, District 5
Please join us by saying “thanks” to our school board members during Alabama’s 21st School Board Member Recognition Month.
Information Source: Butler County School District