Greenville City Council Meeting - 1/14 | Events
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE / INVOCATION:
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
12/17/13 Regular Meeting
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- RESOLUTION 2013-01. TO ENTER INTO A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONTRACT WITH J.J. JAXON COMPANY TO PROVIDE A PIONEER CEMETERY RESTORATION ASSESSMENT AND COST ANALYSIS.
- RESOLUTION 2013-02. TO APPROVE CHANGE ORDER NO. 1 FOR TENNIS COURT COMPLEX PROJECT CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT WITH LIBERTY DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC.
- RESOLUTION 2013-03. TO APPROVE CHANGE ORDER NO. 1 REDUCING GOODWYN, MILLS & CAWOOD’S ENGINEERING CONTRACT FOR TENNIS COURT COMPLEX PROJECT.
- RESOLUTION 2013-04. TO APPROVE CHANGE ORDER NO. 1 FOR COUNTY ROAD 22 PAVING PROJECT (ALDOT PROJECT NO. IAR-007-000-006).
- RESOLUTION 2013-05. TO AUTHORIZE MAYOR TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT TO PURCHASE CERTAIN PROPERTY ADJACENT TO ACADEMY DRIVE, GREENVILLE BYPASS AND NEW SEARCY ROAD FROM THE ABCD CORPORATION FOR AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $108,000.00.
- ORDINANCE 2013-01. TO AMEND CHAPTER 19 - TAXATION, ARTICLE VII. HOTEL AND MOTEL OCCUPANCY FEE TAX OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, CITY OF GREENVILLE, ALABAMA.
- BOARD APPOINTMENT.
Appoint Howard Meadows to Planning Commission 2/1/2013 – 12/31/2018
8. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES:
- GREENVILLE HARDWARE - $1,452.66.
Electrical wiring, panel, cable, adapters, etc to wire new Public Works Building for Horticulture Dept.
- GOOD SAM MEDIA AND EVENTS - $3,480.00.
2013 Good Sam Travel Guide and Campground Directory advertising package and Good Sam membership for Sherling Lake
- GULF STATES DISTRIBUTORS - $5,317.00.
Thirteen 9mm pistols with extra magazines for Police Department
- JOHN MARK DAVIS, PE, PLS - $1,000.00.
9. CITY INSPECTOR’S REPORT:
10. WEED AND DEBRIS VIOLATIONS:
11. CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
12. OTHER BUSINESS:
13. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND ADJOURNMENT:
- 2013 CITY BUSINESS LICENSES can be purchased now or until January 31st without penalty. 2012 business licenses expire on December 31st. The City Clerk’s Office will be glad to assist in any way should business owners have questions.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert E. Lee Holiday - Monday, January 21st
Garbage route will run next day on Tuesday.
- Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet will be February 21st. See Chamber for tickets.
- Next City Council Meeting will be January 28, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
Top Greenville Stories
Upcoming Events near Greenville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery