Man charged in death of Georgiana woman | Crime
GEORGIANA, AL (WSFA) - Four months after the crime, a 27-year-old man has been indicted by a grand jury in the stabbing death of 72-year-old Dorothy Ellen Leatherwood.
A friend found Leatherwood's body in her bedroom back in November 2012 after dropping by to pick her up for their weekly Bible study class.
Today a Butler County Grand Jury returned an indictment for Capital Murder against 27-year-old Shawn McClain.
McClain is scheduled to be arraigned on the charge on Friday, April 5.
Top Greenville Stories
Upcoming Events near Greenville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery firefighter arrested after high speed chase tops 140 mph
- Manhunt initiated for 4 in Lowndes Co.
- Urology Health Foundation to offer free prostate cancer screenings in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County's unemployment rate for March
- Former Lowndes County teacher convicted of having sexual contact with student