Man shot and killed after allegedly trying to confront theft suspect | Crime
BUTLER CO., AL (WSFA) - Butler County Sheriff Kenny Harden says a woman is being held at the Butler County Correctional Facility in connection with a weekend murder in Butler County.
According to Harden, 43-year-old Greenville resident Barbara Wood has been arrested and charged with murder, burglary and theft of property.
Authorities say the victim, 40-year-old Steven Faulk, and his fiance, went to Wood's mother's home on Saturday in an attempt to retrieve his fiance's purse that had been stolen on Friday.
Faulk was standing at the back door attempting to make peace between Wood and his fiance when he was shot at the home on Pettie Bone Road just after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Harden added that Faulk and Wood were acquaintances.
Wood is currently being held in the Butler County Correctional Facility. A bond for Wood has not been set at this time.
Top Greenville Stories
Upcoming Events near Greenville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery firefighter arrested after high speed chase tops 140 mph
- Manhunt initiated for 4 in Lowndes Co.
- Urology Health Foundation to offer free prostate cancer screenings in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County's unemployment rate for March
- Former Lowndes County teacher convicted of having sexual contact with student